ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: potassium permanganate

Registered Member

Default potassium permanganate

I have some potassium permanganate for sale.
    I bought some at a company that sells chemicals for lab use. It is some lab grade PP. The reason I sell it is because it came into 1kg size, so I have enough for 20 years
    so I paid 108.70$ CAN for that 1kg.
    I dont want to do any profit with it, my goal is only to sell some cause I really have too much.

So I'll ask 11$ for 100 grams

I can ship anywhere at your expenses.

Default Re: potassium permanganate

If I were in Canada, I'd definately be buying!

Registered Member

where are you???
    I probably can ship to you

Does pp have a shelf life btw?

PM sent for 200gs
    Last edited by ronrca; 11-29-2005 at 02:52 PM.
    In discus limbo atm! So much to do and so little time!

I donno, I bet the US customs would not be too happy getting some chemical agent coming across the border without testing! Yikes it may cost me more than yuo paid for ur 20 yr supply!

Registered Member

do they check all mail that cross the border??
    If I put it in a small pot written Potassium permanganate and the but it in a small box, you think they will worry???

Id be worried as well. Over the last years, the border crossings have been getting very strict especially in meds. Despite honest intentions, the border officials treat everything with suspicion and just because it may be written on the package what it is, how do they really know unless they test it. I also believe that you can get certificates that verify the substrate from gov't approved companies. Unfortunately, it might cost you. The worst is that if the officals dont know what it is, they seize it. The fortunate part however is the the US does allow the import of meds far more than Canada which is unfortunate for us however.
    In discus limbo atm! So much to do and so little time!

Registered Member

i wouldn't mess around with the border if you don't have to!!!!

hey grelot! put me down for a dimebag ...err $11 worth, and thanks for the buy man! hope ur not CSIS...hehe, i can see me in front of the judge now: "its for my fish, honest ta god!"

good thing to have in inventory i figure, you never know in this game...pm coming, thx

Quote Originally Posted by grelot
    do they check all mail that cross the border??
    from what i know, not really, what gets screened (my tardo nephew works at UPS Customs Clearing-U.S <->Canada) and he says all air mail gets sniffed before aircraft loading, random checks on bulk/usual packages/ground mail. High-Priority/Overnite gets higher %. Gotten more intense in last 3 years however. Not sure about PP going canada -> U.S., could be perfectly legal, dunno. If someone knows for sure, that be good.

*edit*and yes he is a tardo, trust me..AND your getting this 3rd hand, i'd take it with a grain of pp. prolly best to sell whatcha have in canada if possible i guess, there should be enough of us here, thx again
    Last edited by Timbo; 01-07-2006 at 02:50 AM.

Hey, Ron, In Canada( as of last year or so anyway, could now be changed) all you have to do to get any prescription med thru the mail is to make your own facsimile form, the drug, the reason, and these must be in line with what a vet or MD would prescribe, and you are free to import any drug you want. the strange part is the gov. shows the form for you to copy, but cannot distribute the form? wacky?
    I will have to check up on this, it WAS relatively correct I think.
    D

Registered Member

As with all chemicals that we use in our hobby, please use caution when handling and storing. I highly suggest that if Grelot has the MSDS that came with his bulk purchase that a copy also be sent for the buyers knowledge and safety. Im attaching onr MSDS for potassium permanganate http://www.jcichem.com/jcipages/prodpgs/PotPerm.html however there are multiple listings of MSDS depending upon grade etc and can be referenced on the internet..

regards,
    Tad
    Last edited by Tad; 01-07-2006 at 03:01 PM.