ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Feeler: Complete 46g Stainless Bowfront setup in Chicago

Registered Member

Default Feeler: Complete 46g Stainless Bowfront setup in Chicago

I'm thinking of taking a break from the hobby for a while, and am considering selling my entire setup. The tank is an Oceanic 46g bowfront, with matching stainless steel stand, black hood and strip light.

Filtration is an Emperor 400 with add-on filtration baskets and ceramic media. Heat is provided by 2 150w visitherm stealths.

I currently have an approx. 7" male red turq. (currently- the photos are nearly a year old) paired with an approx 5" pigeon of some sort who is admittedly not the most attractive fish I've seen, but apparently beauty is skin deep for these two, as they've laid 5 or 6 small clutches of eggs. They seem to know what they're doing, but haven't yet realized the heater is not the place to nurture eggs. (NOTE: The female leopard seen in the photos is not included in this transaction- she has been re-homed.)

There are also 4 large cardinals in the tank, along with a small tiger pleco. A few medium Amazon swords will be included, and a few Anubias Nana attached to some nice manzanita. 50 LBS. of PFS serves as the substrate.

I could also include a 5g quarantine tank with filtration and heat, along with all of the other random stuff I've accumulated over the years.

If I go this route, I'd like to sell as a total package, but don't really know where to star price-wise. I figure I've got around $1200 invested, so was thinking $700 for everything maybe? If this price is unreasonable in any way, please let me know. Otherwise, if anyone is interested, please email me at vargoscott@gmail.com, as I check email more frequently than this forum. Thanks!
    Last edited by ScottyV; 02-27-2010 at 11:12 AM. Reason: clarity

Registered Member

Default Complete 46g Stainless Bowfront setup in Chicago with mating pair

Officially for sale. Email for more pictures or with any questions. Offers entertained. Thanks!