ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Whitish Worm Like

Registered Member

Default Whitish Worm Like

One of my juvies has this whitish worm-like parasite hanging on the side of it's head. I removed it yesterday by rubbing it but I noticed it again this morning. I have not tried any treatment yet as it does not affect the discus appetite. It is eating well and playing. I have this discus with the other 24 juvies in a 55 gallon grow out tank. I do 90 percent water change everyday. I feed them FDBW and NLS.
    Any idea what is this parasite and treatment recommended is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Dino
    I killed them too.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and MVP Nov.2015 Disgirl's Avatar

Default Re: Whitish Worm Like

It sounds like hole in the head. Any pictures of it? That's a whole lot of discus in the tank! Good thing you do big wc's everyday!
    Barb

Delightful Designs Discus Cones by Barb -- Check out my Sponsor section --HERE--!

Registered Member

Default Re: Whitish Worm Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disgirl View Post
    It sounds like hole in the head. Any pictures of it? That's a whole lot of discus in the tank! Good thing you do big wc's everyday!
    Barb
    Thank you Barb. The worm disappeared today but I will try to get a picture if it reappears again.
    I am growing them out in this 55-gallon and will move them later in my bigger tanks.

Dinodiscus