ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: hole in the head

Registered Member

Default hole in the head

Last week I got 4 Discus from LFS. Two red turq, Blue SS and Red SS at about 4.5" each. They are feeding like crazy and look super healthy with great color. They all have small pin holes around the head and above the mouth. I would like to treat for hole in the head in my display tank that is a 75 BB with potted swords. The tank also has 12 rummy nose tetras and a few cory cats.
    I need help picking out the best med that I can use with other fish. I have a 20 Tall that I can use to medicate but would like to do it in the display.

Thanks,

Kevin

Real Name
    Rick

Default Re: hole in the head

If they are eating and it is indeed hole in the head (pictures would help) I would recomend at first plenty of clean water and perhaps the anti-biotic flake from angels plus. This is, if they are indeed eating.

Registered Member

They would eat all they if I let them. They get CBW, SF Beefheart mix and Hakari FBW. I tryed Primereef, hakari discus, tetramin and Omega one color flaks and they don't like none of them.I do a 25% water change every other day with a 7 stage R/O DI that I made. It puts out 0PPM of R/O water. I do mix the R/O with the city water at 5parts R/O to 1 Part city water and I get a GH of 2.5 to 3 with KH of 4.The PH is at 7.3. I also add a little trace elements when I do a water change.

Registered Member

I also run a UV on the tank but, I know that it wont help with internal problems.