ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: 240gal

Default 240gal

Just picked up a 65gal,guys closing his fishroom,same base dims as a 75gal,little shorter.He's got a 240gal he's selling,tops and stand,8ftx2ftx2ft.If only its was 9months ealier.AND in my price range,$500.Sigh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

SimplyDiscus Sponsor and Homesteader TNT77's Avatar

Default Re: 240gal

Quote Originally Posted by Bill63SG View Post
    Just picked up a 65gal,guys closing his fishroom,same base dims as a 75gal,little shorter.He's got a 240gal he's selling,tops and stand,8ftx2ftx2ft.If only its was 9months ealier.AND in my price range,$500.Sigh.
    Thats a great price I wish I would have found this in Nov. I saw his add I believe he is even selling the stands for the tanks. Would be a great deal for someone looking to start a fishroom.
    Tara Bennett
    Phone: 815-876-0516

Yeah,pretty nice guy,blew out a disc,cant handle the stairs,more or less wc's.Rack of 6 29's,rack,and all the piping and valves,$150.Glad I got the 65.Odd size,wouldnt want to buy it new.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Real Name
    Dan

I think you teased us all with the title of your thread....
    I was expecting to see one, not hear about the one you don't have..

Maybe I will start a thread called "600gallon Discus Tank." LOL. But I know how you feel everytime I waste my time looking and tanks I can't afford (or Josie's fishroom).

Quote Originally Posted by dprais1 View Post

Maybe I will start a thread called "600gallon Discus Tank." LOL..
    Only if you find one for $500.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.

Registered Member

I just love the Craigslist postings in my area where people want $500 for a 55 gallon. Throw in another $200 and they'll give you a nice stand made with 2x4's and held together with nails.

Registered Member strawberryblonde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    I just love the Craigslist postings in my area where people want $500 for a 55 gallon. Throw in another $200 and they'll give you a nice stand made with 2x4's and held together with nails.
    ROFLMBO! I get that in my area too!

Ones like this: "75 Gal. Cichlid Show Tank! - $550" or this: "90 Gallon Aquarium - $700 Description - Includes sand and power filters, 1 doesn't work, other is good. Stand and hood available for $300, or $900 for all."

And then you look at the tank in the picture and fall off your chair laughing in disbelief.
    Toni

120g - 10
    discus, 4 cory's, 50+ Cardinals for now... give it a month and it'll change!

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryblonde View Post
    ROFLMBO! I get that in my area too!

Ones like this: "75 Gal. Cichlid Show Tank! - $550" or this: "90 Gallon Aquarium - $700 Description - Includes sand and power filters, 1 doesn't work, other is good. Stand and hood available for $300, or $900 for all."

And then you look at the tank in the picture and fall off your chair laughing in disbelief.
    I know,this guy was the oppisite,I thought.Priced fairly,and if I wanted more,willing to cut deals.He was a hobbyist,he knows what to sell them for,its the people who pay top-dollar and knock a 1/4 off what they paid for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Bill.