1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started
I have one fish that has been lying on its side for about two months and seems to be losing colour and condition. It has been occasionally observed to get up and swim and maybe eat.Now another fish has joined it. Both are about 5inches in size
2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)
Lying on side. Losing colour and condition.
3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.
Epsom salts, metrogyl- no improvement
4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish
260 ltrs, 12 months, 9 discus - 6" size, 2 discus - 4", 2 discus - 5" both sick, one black ghost 6", one algae eater - 5 "
5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?
Weekly, 25%/12 months old tank/ bare bottom, one large driftwood with two anubias/ RO water used for change, aged by two days
6 Parameters and water source;
- temp __30 centigrade___
- ph __6.5__
- ammonia reading __nil__
- nitrite reading ___nil_
- nitrate reading ___not taken
- well water ____RO water only
- municipal water ____
7. Any new fish/plants added recently
No new fish or plants added in the last 6 months
Barb Newell is offline Report Post