Florida Discus     Australian Blackworms

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FREE DISCUS

SimplyDiscus Sponsor Discus-Hans's Avatar
    iTrader
    91 (99%)

Default Re: FREE DISCUS

Quote Originally Posted by mcsinny99 View Post
    Can I get in on this? You have one store here that carries a few at a time, but there are other stores that do not. Is this a store exclusive, no compete kind of deal possibly already made with them, or can the others still carry them? Also, have you already talked to everyone in the Des Moines area?
    I don't talk to too many people, that is to try to get them as a "dealer", most come to me.

We don't do "protected area's" anymore, I did in the past for a store and found out that they also bought from an other source, this became not to well, they introduced a lot of problems and came crying back to me.

Other thing is, some competition is not to bad for you guys as consumers, sometimes I see our Discus go for ridicules prices. I'm for lower prices, bigger market, etc etc

Hans
    I've changed the Discus World.
    Visit our online store at: www.discusfishstore.com
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

iTrader
    91 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by frenchie100 View Post
    Another point that will try to use ( Chad- for my sales pitch!) is that on Hans's website he lists all the stores by states who carry his discus. ( Hans- correct me if I am wrong!)

This is a huge plus for an lfs because it puts their name out there and opens a whole new market for them.

Also in our case Chad, California only has one store listed on the website, a selling point for us!
    You're correct Frenchie, I try to keep that updated,

Hans
    All advice I give, is because I've good results with it, you're free to copy it. It's not a rule, it's just my way. Ohhhh and don't take me serious, I'm most of the time kidding

iTrader
    91 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by A1 Aquarium World View Post
    Hans,
    that is just mind blowing !One day i will make it to the states just to see your set up,i always drool over pics of your set up.

cheers
    Just broke down the old filter systems and set up an other 12 tanks with divider,

more fishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Darren look forward to your visit one of these days lol

Hans

iTrader
    91 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by mikel View Post
    Sounds like California can be a potential state for expansion. I hope all goes well. In my neck of the woods (eastern massachusetts) we only have one lfs that carries Han discus...I wouldnt bother with the rest because they are incapable of keeping any discus alive, let alone trying to be selective with their stock. Just the thought of beautiful Han discus languishing in their tanks hurts pretty badly. mike

Mike,

this is one of the reasons I started this, I know I probably sell to a few stores that maybe better not should be a Discus Hans USA/Stendker dealer.
    But beside I'm a 100% hobbyist, I also got a business to run and pay my bills.

This way I hope to get more good stores,

Hans

iTrader
    91 (99%)

Mark & Amol,

Thanks,

Hans

Registered Member
    iTrader

Quote Originally Posted by Discus-Hans View Post
    Mike,

I know I probably sell to a few stores that maybe better not should be a Discus Hans USA/Stendker dealer.
    Hans The one we talked about don't sale them anymore. They put gold fish in those tanks.. the owner thinks the only filter to use is an under gravel filter. They never grew and all died..

New Members
    iTrader

hi hans I got the order form you faxed over today..... I talked to the owner into putting in a decent order we are going to get 8 bags of your 2.5s and 4 bags of 4" I have to get the tanks ready so ill most likely have my order in the begining of next week... Our owner seems excited about carrying your fish so hopefully if they sell well enough I can start ordering from you regularly....so whats this i hear about you breeding bushynose plecos now too??? have pics of your pleco stock???

iTrader
    4 (100%)

Hans
    Does this deal apply to Ontario? I do visit a number of LFS in the Toronto area.
    Joe

Registered Member
    iTrader

dan is the deal still going on, and are the wild caughts part of the deal and is it 3 discus for each shop that orders? or just 3 discus for all the shop( like say I get 10 shops to order, is that just 3 discus or would that be 30 discus?

thanks joey.
    "DON'T HOOK FISH,BUT GET HOOKED ON FISH.
    15 gallon (using for grow out)bare bottom discus tank,3 young juvies,4 fry.

iTrader
    10 (100%)

So Hans, if I decided tomorrow that I wanted to distribute Stendkers and I placed my first order I would also receive 3 x 4" fish for free? LOL

On a serious note Hans, what prices do you usually sell your discus for to suppliers? Say that someone wanted to be a supplier of your discus and they ordered a "box full" or the maximum that can fit into a box. Do you offer discounts on quantity orders? This would also be a good thing to know when approaching the store owners.
    Last edited by bs6749; 07-25-2009 at 03:18 PM.

Registered Member
    iTrader
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Hans
    Does this deal apply to Ontario? I do visit a number of LFS in the Toronto area.
    Joe
    Yes, does this apply to canada?
    PM me, I can supply you with a list of a bunch of stores for you to contact up here wouls be interested in carrying quality Discus.

iTrader
    91 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Hans
    Joe
    Joe, most stores in Canada have a problem with the shipping cost, but give it a shot. Do I see you at the ACA?????

Quote Originally Posted by discusjoe27 View Post
    dan is the deal still going on, and are the wild caughts part of the deal and is it 3 discus for each shop that orders? or just 3 discus for all the shop( like say I get 10 shops to order, is that just 3 discus or would that be 30 discus?

thanks joey.
    Joey,
    we don't have wilds in 4", but as most people know I'm an easy guy, you can always work things out with me.
    If you get 10 new stores to order, you get 30 x 4" Discus.

Quote Originally Posted by bs6749 View Post
    So Hans, if I decided tomorrow that I wanted to distribute Stendkers and I placed my first order I would also receive 3 x 4" fish for free? LOL

On a serious note Hans, what prices do you usually sell your discus for to suppliers? Say that someone wanted to be a supplier of your discus and they ordered a "box full" or the maximum that can fit into a box. Do you offer discounts on quantity orders? This would also be a good thing to know when approaching the store owners.
    Bryan,

those things I only discuss with the store owners or fish room managers,

Hans

Fish4Fun,

contact the stores, every new store brings you 3 x 4" Discus. You can give me a list but than I've to do the work as you maybe know, I hate work,

Hans

iTrader
    10 (100%)

Bryan,

those things I only discuss with the store owners or fish room managers,

Hans
    I get your point Hans. I'm sure you are more than fair with them. Some day I would like to be a Stendker dealer as I think I have a good location for it. Everyone is always complaining how there is nobody with discus in this part of the state and they don't want to drive 3 hours to Chicago, 3 hours to Detroit, 4.5 hours to Columbus to see Mike's nice stuff and there isn't ANYTHING north of here. The one store that carries Stendkers seems to specialize more in SW setups and African cichlids. They have maybe 3 tanks with discus and that's ony occasionally. In 3 years or so I will be waiting for my 3 4" discus when I place my first order as a seller. You can count on that!

-Bryan

Registered Member
    iTrader
    1 (100%)

Fish4Fun,

contact the stores, every new store brings you 3 x 4" Discus. You can give me a list but than I've to do the work as you maybe know, I hate work,

Hans
    Did you get my e-mail list??? LOL
    Pretty long.
    Did you get a chance to contact anyone?

iTrader
    91 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by fish4fun View Post
    Did you get my e-mail list??? LOL
    Pretty long.
    Did you get a chance to contact anyone?
    Yes Ray, got it, thanks, busy, will email you,

Hans

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast