ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new 300gal

Registered Member

Default Re: new 300gal

Ryan, I am GREEN with envy!! That is one nice big tank!! I can't wait to see it all up and running with amazing Discus in it! Nice Catch!

Anna

Registered Member

Very nice tank you have started there. My plan is next year when I get my townhouse or house to get a 300. My fiance says we have to get a dog before we can get the tank

Quote Originally Posted by gotfish? View Post
    if my mom got her way, id have hot pink fish...thank god there isnt any
    When I start to try to breed discus when I get my townhouse or house again. I will work on trying to breed a hot pink discus just for your tank....haha

Registered Member

Wow, nowthatis what i call TANK!. Can you tell me measurments of this tank. I hope your idea prevails. Seeing a large pack of wild in this tank would be a blast!

Wow, I am really jealous! I am in the mist of setting up my 150 gallon, and I thought that was big enough. I dont know now.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by plecocicho View Post
    Wow, nowthatis what i call TANK!. Can you tell me measurments of this tank. I hope your idea prevails. Seeing a large pack of wild in this tank would be a blast!
    The measurements are 96"Lx24"Wx30"H. If all goes well, and I get the fish I want, there will be wilds in there. But we'll have to wait and see.

-Ryan

Now thats a Tank ..... if we dont hear back from you with updates within the next 24 hours we will have to assume that you fell in your tank and needing help ,lol a job like that should require life jackets , a wet suit and some type of breathing aparatus . and the coast guard on call .

Ken

PS: dont forget the underwater camera .....talk about swimming with the fishes.

Ryan - that tank is hardcore! I love that! Any tank that requires major equipment to move is a tank to covet.

I have zero doubt you've got the plumbing covered. But I DO look forward to seeing how you kit this baby out.
    Steve -
    Discus novice. Planted tank pilgrim.

Very nice setup! The filtration looks like you don't mess around and the clear built-in overflow boxes are interesting. The furniture really makes it look classy, now if only you would change that background! :P

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by casw View Post
    Very nice setup! The filtration looks like you don't mess around and the clear built-in overflow boxes are interesting. The furniture really makes it look classy, now if only you would change that background! :P
    Thanks.....the background wasnt my choice. My mom went out and got some and had it all taped up before I knew what had happened.

-Ryan

Congrats Ryan,
    Thats awesome! I have a metal rack I built here thats designed for at least 300 gal ..I may borrow your idea on the engine lift! Thats perfect...I have to lift about 4 ft.

One thing though....man you are either brave...barefoot and moving tanks..or haven't dropped a tank yet!

-al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Whats next, a jacuzzi on wheels? I'd love to have that kind of volume, beautiful job and lets see some close-ups of it full!
    Mark

Wow Ryan, what great ideas you youngun's come up with; I thought my idea of a hydraulic table was "it"...but you did a good one better with that engine lift!!....I'm trying to come up with new tanks for my new metal shelving, but they'll be only around 100gals...but it'll be enough for me when it happens.....300gals is a "WOW"...& should be so much fun to populate, lol....it's just the cleaning that's a drag, lol......hope to soon see pics of that "tank in motion", lol...hi & merry xmas to your mom, Heather, & family.....

Dottie
    TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!!

PROUD TO BE A FOUNDING MEMBER OF NADA! MAY WE CONTINUE TO PROSPER!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Congrats Ryan,
    Thats awesome! I have a metal rack I built here thats designed for at least 300 gal ..I may borrow your idea on the engine lift! Thats perfect...I have to lift about 4 ft.

One thing though....man you are either brave...barefoot and moving tanks..or haven't dropped a tank yet!

-al
    Barefoot and cautious. I havent dropped many tanks in my days, even when working for the aquarium maintenance company. Just comfortable enough with my limits and ability to escape if it fell, LOL.

-Ryan

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by korbi_doc View Post
    Wow Ryan, what great ideas you youngun's come up with; I thought my idea of a hydraulic table was "it"...but you did a good one better with that engine lift!!....I'm trying to come up with new tanks for my new metal shelving, but they'll be only around 100gals...but it'll be enough for me when it happens.....300gals is a "WOW"...& should be so much fun to populate, lol....it's just the cleaning that's a drag, lol......hope to soon see pics of that "tank in motion", lol...hi & merry xmas to your mom, Heather, & family.....

Dottie
    Yes, a 300 gallon is lots of fun...too many stocking potentials. It makes a very nice display and gives plenty of a "WOW" factor. Cleaning isnt such a big deal. Im used to cleaning 800+ gallon tanks on a daily basis. This 300 actually seems small, LOL!

-Ryan

Just think how many goldfish you could put in there, the real fancy kind..... Just joking

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast