ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Power tripped out

Unhappy Power tripped out

Well I'm a bit upset as I have been house sitting and had the tanks on auto feeders when I rocked up to do my water changes today the fish were all dead.

Something had tripped the safety switch and caused the power to the tanks to stop and I had some real nice adult discus some which I had bred myself and were worth alot.

I think I'm going to have a rest from discus for a while after all the water changes, buffering ph tests and that I had keeping my discus down to a fine art and something crazy like this happens. and what ahorrible way to die slowly freezing to death.

I feel real sorry for them so I'm going to bury them today .

I had only missed them by one day If I had have rocked up yesterday they would have been saved . I could tell this by the amount of food in the tanks that the eheim feeders had dropped into the tanks.

Registered Member

Default Re: Power tripped out

Hi,

I am sorry to know that.

Anyway don't blame yourself too much as it is not all your fault. Do keep with us there are many people could help.

We often feel like things like this are our fault, don't we? Like maybe it could have been prevented. Sometimes things just happen that are out of our control.We have to move on from it and hopefully learn from it. Don't blame yourself. Stay tuned in here as there are so many people here to help you pick yourself back up and get started again. However, only do it when you are ready.If you need a breather that's O.K. too.

Diane

Sorry for your loss. If you are away for periods of time check this out:
    http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...e=othercontrol
    22 Planted Tanks My Projects are located at ThePlantedTank.net*Sliding Glass Top*CO2 Reactor*Portable UV Sterilizer*PVC CO2 Manifold*Water Filtration/Storage/Distribution*37G, 46G & 55G Drilled w/PVC Heater/Reactor Manifold*110G Sumped w/Eheim 2215s & Magnum HOTs*My Fish Room*

Bummer - Sorry to lose your pet-friends. NOT your fault. Even if you had someone check your house daily while you were out - they may not have caught it and likely would'nt have been able to fix it in time.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, . That is one of my nightmares.

Tina

Registered Member

i'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

although my experience is not as horrible as yours, i had a beloved discus that hopped out of my tank while i was at work b/c i absent-mindedly left the glass top open. I felt terrible knowing that he had to suffer by suffocation.

dont be too hard on yourself and i hope you'll return to this hobby soon enough

Cool Re: Power tripped out

www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?
    Thats a great product I might have to pick 1 up
    MADE COMPLETE
    WWW.PDFCHURCH.COM