AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Problems with Rena Filstar XP2

Registered Member

Default Problems with Rena Filstar XP2

Hey everyone,

I have a Filstar XP2. It's about 2 years old and thought it was a good investment, but I have been having trouble with it lately. It seems like it gets harder to get started every time I service it. I follow the instructions just like is says "letting the filter sit for a few min before plugging in" No luck. It just spits and sputters like it's air locked or something. I inspected all the parts including the impeller itself and everything looks very clean with no wear marks that I can see. ??? The only thing I can think of is somehow the rubber seals are bad and are letting air in however no water is leaking out.

If anyone has any advise please let me know.

Thanks

Chris

Default Re:Problems with Rena Filstar XP2

how far below the tank is it set up...the filter needs to be under the tank as it requires a siphon to run. One thing I do with a fluval that I have at the same level as the tank is that I connect my python to the output of the filter and I suck water (put python to vacuum) through to get it going...

John

Default Re:Problems with Rena Filstar XP2

Sometimes when my XP3 has the same problem, I prime it by pouring water in the hoses. I also dont let it sit after I connect it for 2 minutes. I turn it on as soon as the water level rises in the container.