ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazing wild Discus and Altums

Real Name
    Willie

Default Re: Amazing wild Discus and Altums

Ive gotten altums from various sources. Have kept wild caught and tank raised versions, with tank raised fish being far more consistent. Here are my recommendations:

shoreline-aquatics.com Thomas breeds and sells his own altums and provides excellent customer service.
    tangledupincichlids.com Kevin imports and resells altums from a German breeder.

I've kept wild and tank raised altums in the same tank and you can't tell them apart. I suspect that there are European and Asian firms successfully breeding them and even some "wild caught" fish are actually tank raised.
    At my age, everything is irritating.

Registered Member

Default Re: Amazing wild Discus and Altums

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Ive gotten altums from various sources. Have kept wild caught and tank raised versions, with tank raised fish being far more consistent. Here are my recommendations:

shoreline-aquatics.com Thomas breeds and sells his own altums and provides excellent customer service.
    tangledupincichlids.com Kevin imports and resells altums from a German breeder.

I've kept wild and tank raised altums in the same tank and you can't tell them apart. I suspect that there are European and Asian firms successfully breeding them and even some "wild caught" fish are actually tank raised.
    Thank you for the tips…

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12