AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Diary of the Bathi's Discus Planted Tank

Homesteader
    Real Name
    Bathi

Default Re: The Diary of the Bathi's Discus Planted Tank

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    HI Bathi, we will definitely not be closing any of these threads and encourage you to post your continuing story ..
    Thanks for participating!

Al
    Thanks for the encourage us with contest like this.

Homesteader
    Real Name
    Bathi

Chapter 12 - "Discus to Angels"

The planted discus tank is going to be converted into a planted angel fish tank. With my current busy lifestyle, I'm finding more enjoyment in caring for easier fish. Most weeks, I'm only home 3 days per week. Anyway, angels have always been my all-time favorite. Alums are my dream fish. I've added locally bred Manacapuru angels to the tank. Let's see how it goes.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Hi Bathi, this is a totally gorgeous tank and the music added is perfect. Am I wrong in thinking the discus seems to be hiding a lot? Did you QT the angels prior to adding to the tank?
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Homesteader
    Real Name
    Bathi

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand Pat View Post
    Hi Bathi, this is a totally gorgeous tank and the music added is perfect. Am I wrong in thinking the discus seems to be hiding a lot? Did you QT the angels prior to adding to the tank?
    Pat
    Angels were quarantined for 2 weeks before being added to the main tank. Yes, 2 of my discus were showing symptoms of a swim bladder disorder before I added them to this tank as well. One of them has been in the hospital tank for more than 3 weeks now, not eating anything and remaining completely in a head-down position, suffering, but not dead yet. The other one is in the main tank and eating well. Three of the larger discus are also hiding; however, they are eating, and 2 of them are breeding too. These two normally do not hide, but the other one is always hiding and only comes out after the lights are turned off. The breeding pair is always breeding. For food, they come out one by one. I'm worried about them too. This breeding activity also seems too much now.

Also, it looks like something is going on in the tank, but I cannot figure it out.

Real Name
    Mervin

A beautiful tank and angels will do a lot better with your routine and a planted tank. Angels have been my life long favorite of all the fish I've kept over the years.

Homesteader
    Real Name
    Bathi

Quote Originally Posted by bluelagoon View Post
    A beautiful tank and angels will do a lot better with your routine and a planted tank. Angels have been my life long favorite of all the fish I've kept over the years.
    Thank you.
    Those larger discus have been with me for more than 3 years. Previously, they were not in a bare-bottom tank either. However, back then, I had the time to medicate them if they showed any signs of illness. Now, it's not like that. I don't have time for medications.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345