PDA

View Full Version : Need some feedback!

becca3766
12-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Hi guys just wanted some outside opinions. I have 4 discus in my tank. 3 turks and a cool blue guy, I bought these guys a few weeks ago from a friend. So big blue is larger than the turks and he has seemed to have picked a fav that he forces, not super mean but assertive, to stay away from the other 2 turks. The largest turk comes over and trys to hang out with the turk that big blue secludes. Then big blue and the bigger turk wiggle at eachother and big blue normally chases him off to the other side. Big blue forces the other 2 to stay in a certain area. Everyone is eating well and besides minor nipped tail fin they look great. But my concern is that the turk that big blue secludes doesn't really seem interested in him. The turk is about an inch smaller than big blue so I fear big blue is a male that wants to breed with the smaller turk....what happens if she doesn't comply? Lol any ways should I take big blue out and let the turks get bigger and maybe see if the biggest turk pairs with the one that big blue is secluding? Oh and big blue is almost 5 inches.

shoveltrash
12-09-2011, 09:02 PM
do you have anything for the smaller fish to hide behind? even just some plastic plants, or a large piece of driftwood? I'm having some aggression issues with one of my PBs, but adding a large plant, and periodically moving things around really seems to help.

becca3766
12-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Yes I have 2 pieces of driftwood. The uploader wont let me upload photos, it says theyre too big. But one piece is like 4ftthe long and covers the span of the tank and I have another small piece in the other corner. I will try to make my pics smaller so I can upload them.

Skip
12-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Jus pecking order stuff. Normal.. More discus would spread out aggeesion

chrisb01
12-10-2011, 03:35 AM
Jus pecking order stuff. Normal.. More discus would spread out aggeesion

I concur, no harm done. Just let nature work. Someone's got to sit in the big chair, and someone's got to carry the luggage.

becca3766
12-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Cool, thanks everyone. If the 2 pair up do I need to remove them from the tank or do I remove the two that don't pair?

Skip
12-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Unless u are ready for care of breeding pait/spawn needs.. Yes.. If not they are fine.. They will eggs. Others will try to eat them.. They will make more.. Its ok.. Jus cuz fish pair off does not require special ca then u r doing