PDA

View Full Version : Pleco question

Palue
02-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Hello all, I have a question pertaining to plecos, I hope that anyone here can help me with my decision.

I am going to be ordering the L46 zebra pleco from a very reputable breeder close to me. I would like to know, due to their heafty price tag when ordering if I should just get one or two?

Two is the max due to the cost of them, they are young zebras that are bred and raised by the fellow, I have seen pics of them and he is very reputable as well.

I love these plecos, they are stunning and want to have at least one. I know he cannot sex them due to their size but what do you all think?

One or Two??

Discusgeo2
02-20-2011, 04:41 PM
If you can afford the two I would go that route and hope they turn out to be a pair a few years from now. What is the asking price for them. I have someone here in Arizona spawning them and I am just waiting of him to sell them.

Palue
02-20-2011, 04:46 PM
This is in Canada and they want $120.00 each. I have not seen the true L46 for lower than this, but if I don't jump on it I know it will be a very long time till I get a chance again. Are they lower in the USA?

alpine
02-20-2011, 04:53 PM
i want some of them and just spoke to a breeder in the area . He is keeping his first hatch to raise but I will get a chance to buy some from his next breeding . I never asked him how much he would ask for them but I figure I will be paying somewhere around $120.00 us dollars each . I am exited aboput owning some of them .

Roberto.

danidaveyfan
03-14-2011, 04:46 PM
I wished I lived near him, I would buy 5 at that price!

vera
03-14-2011, 07:56 PM
i would go for max number i can afford , dont know if u got them already , but bare in mind L numbers are quite sensitive to transportation

gsteve
03-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Just got one... so far the lil sucker is good at hiding

Eddie
03-14-2011, 11:03 PM
i would go for max number i can afford , dont know if u got them already , but bare in mind L numbers are quite sensitive to transportation

Thats not like you Vera! LOL Your tanks are overflowing! :)