PDA

View Full Version : Thawing seafood mix

birtyboy10
01-21-2011, 10:06 AM
I just made up a batch of eddie's seafood mix (thanks for the recipe :D) anyway i was wondering if you are supposed to thaw it out befoe putting the cubes into the tank?

Regards
Steve

db2inst1
01-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Steve, If you have the right size cubes you can just drop it in. There was even a video that Eddie had showing that.

Skip
01-21-2011, 01:08 PM
bb.. i put it in my worm feeding.. to thaw.. then i mush up with my fingers for the juvies (if i don't, they have a tough time eating it).. with the young adults i don't have to do that.. so i guess it depends on the size of your fish..

birtyboy10
01-21-2011, 05:37 PM
bb.. i put it in my worm feeding.. to thaw.. then i mush up with my fingers for the juvies (if i don't, they have a tough time eating it).. with the young adults i don't have to do that.. so i guess it depends on the size of your fish..

Thats a good idea that way they dont waste time chewing it and spitting it out then chewing the right sized pieces! Thanks for both your replys

fishorama
01-27-2011, 07:59 PM
I hold the food for my spoiled fish until I get tired of the game...

yim11
01-27-2011, 09:00 PM
I hold the food for my spoiled fish until I get tired of the game...

That's dedication to the hobby!

I feed the entire contents of a small zip lock so I just let it sit out for about 15 min to soften up then I can either cut it easily into right sized pieces w/a knife or just break off chunks and drop em in.

HTHs,
-jim

ZX10R
01-27-2011, 09:52 PM
That's dedication to the hobby!

I feed the entire contents of a small zip lock so I just let it sit out for about 15 min to soften up then I can either cut it easily into right sized pieces w/a knife or just break off chunks and drop em in.

HTHs,
-jim

I do pretty much the same thing. I have to let mine thaw some so it will sink because of my overflow box.

ericatdallas
01-28-2011, 02:24 AM
Whoa... in one feeding you use an entire ziplock bag? What size? Just curious...

A sandwich bag lasts me the week... Obviously I have fewer discus.

Eddie
01-28-2011, 02:59 AM
Just toss a chunk in, frozen

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

wendy9722
01-28-2011, 10:51 AM
I throw mine in and let the warm water thaw it out and as it does I let them attack it.
Wendy