PDA

View Full Version : My favourite snakeskin got beat up real bad head caved in.

goodoo
01-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Yeah she got beat up real bad while I was at work. head caved in, scars all over. missing alot of skin of her nose. I took the two I had in quarintine, put them in the main tank and put her in hospital lots of salt. Fingers crossed.

Rod
01-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Yeah she got beat up real bad while I was at work. head caved in, scars all over. missing alot of skin of her nose. I took the two I had in quarintine, put them in the main tank and put her in hospital lots of salt. Fingers crossed.

Thats too bad Luke, hope she recovers for you. Is she the ss i sent you? I remember how nice that one is.

Melissa
01-11-2011, 08:21 AM
Oh no!!! That's awful! I've never seen one in person thats been beat up that bad... Sounds brutal. Best of luck with her, fingers crossed she recovers!

Keith Perkins
01-11-2011, 09:03 AM
My favorite little BD male has had scraps with his BSS mate from time to time after spawns and one was just awful. I went to the fish room to find scales all over the bottom of the tank with the male looking like he took the worst of it, awful looking just awful. I moved him to a 10 gallon hospital tank with nothing but good clean water and couldn't believe what a recovery he made in just a few days. Now his head wasn't bashed, though his forehead was pretty dang raw, but the point is they can recover extremely quickly and amazingly and I certainly hope yours falls into that category.

goodoo
01-12-2011, 06:33 AM
Thats too bad Luke, hope she recovers for you. Is she the ss i sent you? I remember how nice that one is.

Same fish.
Amazing turnaround. The crater is gone. It was horrible to see the best shaped discus I have like that. She looks good I think she will be fine. Salt is good stuff. her boyfriend is beaten up good to. It looks like he has a bit of bone stuck in his side. I saw my Angel fish picking at it, maybe he will pull it out for me.:)

goodoo
01-12-2011, 07:03 AM
That RSG i got of you rod is awsome I called him monster because he is one.

Rod
01-12-2011, 07:13 AM
We must have very similar tastes in discus Luke, i thought he was a monster too. Awesome fish that one. :)

Glad to hear the ss is looking better, that was a close call.

goodoo
01-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Very close. The power has shifted in the main tank and monster is now king. Thats Karma beat up your girlfiriend, Then lose dominence. I hope he learns from this. lol