PDA

View Full Version : Check out the new fish

discusmurderer
10-26-2010, 12:12 AM
h Hi to all, i just recently got these new fish cause my tank is fully cycled and i moved the breeding pair to the breeding tank. I got two turqs and the other two i cant tell what they are so i put a vid on photo bucket so you guys or gals can help me to know what they are.

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad100/discusmurderer/th_DSCI1624.jpg (http://s925.photobucket.com/albums/ad100/discusmurderer/?action=view&current=DSCI1624.mp4)

Jennie
10-26-2010, 06:49 AM
Very nice DM. I'm not seeing the surviving PB in the tank though. What happened to it??

Eddie
10-26-2010, 08:58 AM
Looks like blue turq, a red turq throwback and some sort of snakeskin variety. Couldnt really get a good shot of the small one.

discusmurderer
10-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Very nice DM. I'm not seeing the surviving PB in the tank though. What happened to it??Hi dl, There were three pb's and one died with the eye problem and the remaining two started to lay on the cone so i moved them to my breeding tank, since i moved them one week ago they did not lay any eggs, i guess they are getting accustomed to thier new home. i saw the thread u posted on spawning and i am doing alot of cold water changes.here is a pic of them.http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad100/discusmurderer/DSCI1629.jpg

Looks like blue turq, a red turq throwback and some sort of snakeskin variety. Couldnt really get a good shot of the small one.Ok Eddie, if i understand correctly, the red turq throw back is the one with the chocolate body with red around blue spots, so the red being around the blue that is what classifies it as a red turq? If so then WOW! i have a red turq:bounce2: So only until the ss gets color all over the body then i will tell what it is? by the way , the pic is a video and u could'nt see any good view of all?

Eddie
10-26-2010, 08:36 PM
No, the video was not clear and to jumpy, stop break dancing with the camera and it might be clearer! LOL

Jennie
10-26-2010, 08:59 PM
omg, Eddie!

Disgirl
10-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Really glad to see you finally have some healthy and beautiful discus DM! Great to see my (your) cone in there and see that they at least are looking at it. Best of luck with this pair!
Barb:D

Jennie
10-26-2010, 10:25 PM
lol Barb, i thought that cone was suspiciously familiar!:)

discusmurderer
10-26-2010, 11:11 PM
No, the video was not clear and to jumpy, stop break dancing with the camera and it might be clearer! LOL

Ok ed, u got me there!I am from the carribean we dance to everything.

discusmurderer
10-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Really glad to see you finally have some healthy and beautiful discus DM! Great to see my (your) cone in there and see that they at least are looking at it. Best of luck with this pair!
Barb:DThanks barb, the tank has finaly cycled thats why they are doing so well. I believe my problem was my testing eqip. i believe the nitrites was giving me a wrong reading and telling me it was low and it was realy high. anyway bye for now!

Eddie
10-27-2010, 12:31 AM
Ok ed, u got me there!I am from the carribean we dance to everything.

Nice, sounds like my kind of place! :guitarist:

rickztahone
10-27-2010, 12:34 AM
i've been gone for a while but i hope this times the charm. this is the 3rd time correct?

DiscusKev
10-27-2010, 12:09 PM
^
Ditto that.

Those PB (previous?) look nice.

Good luck.

discusmurderer
10-28-2010, 01:06 AM
i've been gone for a while but i hope this times the charm. this is the 3rd time correct?

what do u mean by its the third time correct?

DiscusKev
10-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Of you keeping discus maybe?