PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Green

MGKelly
01-08-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm interested in Ocean Green discus. It's my understand that most specimens are nothing more than green shade blue diamond or turquoise.

Would someone, anyone happen to have any real Ocean Greens?
Or maybe they don't really exist?:D

thanks, Joe

vss
01-08-2010, 04:43 PM
The original ocean green produced by Mr. Lee Khoon Yen many years back is actually nothing but blue diamond with greenish shade.

Nowadays some people like to give the name ocean green to those blue diamonds with golden gene. It has very special blue color, but just not quite match the name ocean green IMO...also its shape and size is worse due to the golden gene.

-Xiaofei:)

William Palumbo
01-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Not sure about Ocean Greens still being around, but I got some Stendker Flachens from Hans, and those are as green as I have seen in a LONG time. You might want to look into them...Bill

MGKelly
01-08-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm hoping to find some real greens, this is a great place to start.
If all else fails, the greenish blue discus might have to do.

thanks, Joe

Finatic
01-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Joe,

I think if you saw Bill's Flachens in person, they would really seem more green than the pictures suggest. In fact, in a couple of pictures, your can see the depth of green in their scales. Nice looking fish he has.

MGKelly
01-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Joe,

I think if you saw Bill's Flachens in person, they would really seem more green than the pictures suggest. In fact, in a couple of pictures, your can see the depth of green in their scales. Nice looking fish he has.

YEA,they are great looking fish!!

MGKelly
01-12-2010, 09:41 AM
TTT