PDA

View Full Version : Vacation

Runningfish
03-02-2009, 07:31 PM
What should I do when I go on vacation? I am leaving for about a week over spring break. Someone is coming to feed them and the dog. Any suggestions on what I should leave? Any help would be great.

Graham
03-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Make it as simple as possible for the babysitter. Premeasure out food or use a measuring spoon so they can not over feed; the #1 killer.
, in fact let them under feed...

Lots of water changes before you go so they don't have to do it....

Double check all electrical, along with pumps, filters etc anything that can fail needs to be fixed now. Set timers on the tank lights for about a 1/4 or so of what they would normally be on.

Any sick or ailing fish need to be fixed now.......

leave contact numbers for yourself and someone local that has experience

Vicki and I leave next week for 3 weeks...I'm doing all of the above

Bring on the heat

G

Eddie
03-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Dude...I am leaving for month! I have to put my wife through Basic Discus Aquarium Training (BDAT) over the weekend. She is gonna be a soldier when I get done with her! LOL

Eddie

FLGirl1977
03-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Dude...I am leaving for month! I have to put my wife Basic Discus Aquarium Training (BDAT) over the weekend. She is gonna be a soldier when I get done with her! LOL

Eddie

Lol... that's funny Eddie.... B-DAT training...

Runningfish
03-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the great info. Hopefully they survive.

hedut
03-02-2009, 09:36 PM
:D:D:D:D:D I been leaving for a month and my mom help me to feed them and she come on the weekend just 1 time feeding when I got back, I change 90% water clean all the filter and they just fine, but make sure you change the water 100% before you leave.:D:D:D:D
Hendri

Eddie
03-02-2009, 09:53 PM
:D:D:D:D:D I been leaving for a month and my mom help me to feed them and she come on the weekend just 1 time feeding when I got back, I change 90% water clean all the filter and they just fine, but make sure you change the water 100% before you leave.:D:D:D:D
Hendri

LOL, You know I do Hendri, even if I am not going on vacation. :D

Eddie

Runningfish
03-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Just 100% before I leave and get back isn't too bad. So feed them once a day and they'll be great. Thanks for the helpful advice.:D