PDA

View Full Version : I am speaking in Chicago on Feb 10th...

John_Nicholson
01-09-2008, 02:57 PM
I know that none of the new comers have a clue who I am, but I am one of the old timers in this game that we call discus. I wanted to let everyone know that I will be speaking in Chicago on Feb 10. For more information you can checkout their website at http://www.gcca.net/ The talk will cover a host of discus related subjects. After the talk I am more then willing to hang out and talk. Remember as one of the old timers I have stories on all of the other old timers from before Al started Simply Discus.....Don't worry Al I won't tell them everything.....LOL. Hope to see some of ya'll there.

-john

Harriett
01-09-2008, 03:36 PM
John, I certainly am familiar with your name! A million years ago when I first became 'possessed' and was researching discus, I found the Discus-L archives online and studied them for most of a year....you were one of the contributors of that era and I still have notes in binders! Let alone your presence here ay SD.
If possible, I will certainly attend--it would be a pleasure.
Best regards
Harriett

brewmaster15
01-09-2008, 04:40 PM
John,
Thats great that you'll be giving a talk there......anyone out there that has a chance to meet John, definetly do so...I would if I was there..... someones got to make sure he doesn't tell too many of those old stories...LOL.

John, does this mean Discus are haunting your dreams again?:)... okay..you know this is coming....so I guess I'll ask before anyone else..... will you be wearing any formal evening wear?;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Seriously... Theres alot of people that call themselves an old timer and say that they have upteen years in the hobby, and have bred this and that fish.... yada yada... Johns not just an old timer...he's an experienced old timer....so... if ya get a chance......take it and go to his talk.

take care,
al

korbi_doc
01-09-2008, 05:50 PM
http://discusasahobby.com/forum/Smileys/default/grin.gif http://discusasahobby.com/forum/Smileys/default/grin.gif Gosh John, I sure do wish I could be there to hear you & swap stories & just share a good time...missed you...hope you & the family are doing well...would love to hear more 'bout your kids & horses too....

Believe me folks, if you get the chance, don't miss John's talk...should be fun!!

Dottie http://discusasahobby.com/forum/Smileys/default/wink.gif P.S. Harriet, I'm sooo jealous....have a good time!

billeagan
01-09-2008, 05:51 PM
John,

I'll put it on my calendar.

John_Nicholson
01-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks everyone.

Al I will probably leave the little blue number at home this time....LOL.

The standard rules are that if someone does not show up then we are free to talk about them.........so to be on the safe side everyone should show up....of course Dottie has nothing to worry about. No one could find anything bad to say about her....but the rest of ya'll...well thats a different story....LOL.

-john

Ardan
01-09-2008, 07:37 PM
I am going to try to make it:D WOuld be great to meet you.

Ardan

Tad
01-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Well, Well Well :D,

What is the hog hunter up to nowdays????:)

John its good to see your still involved,

I think I still have in one of my folders (why I cannot begin to fathom WHY? :() That picture of you in, as Al puts it "Formal Wear" :computer2:

Still keeping Killies or are you gonna jump back into the foray???

Tad :p

Discus_KC
01-10-2008, 12:02 AM
He will be talking with the Texas Twang !!!!!

A must see!

Jack

John_Nicholson
01-10-2008, 12:49 PM
While I am no where near ready to open the hatchery up again I do still enjoy talking fish. This is a good cheap way to get my fix without having to get any fish....LOL.

-john

Harriett
01-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Oh, Dottie!

So sorry you can't join us for John's talk, I know it's going to be great!
Best regards,
Harriett

korbi_doc
01-10-2008, 09:00 PM
:( You bet it is Harriet, & I'm really sad not to be able to joinya......have a great time!! Keep'm in line, lol.....

Dottie ;)

April
01-11-2008, 02:53 AM
i have a pic also of the formal wear. maybe it wont fit anymore..middle age spread? lol.
well nice to see you here.
i cant come..a tad far for me...

RandalB
01-12-2008, 12:10 AM
As long as the formal wear stays in Texas, I may (work permitting) swing by that one...

RandalB

LizStreithorst
01-12-2008, 01:23 AM
I can't get to the Chicgo thing, John. I will be in Atlanta in July, though. Please dress for that one. You're already in my computer in blue. Go for pink this time. hugs & kisses.....

John_Nicholson
01-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Randal if you can make it that would be great.

Liz I don't know about Atlanta right now. May happen but it is to early to tell.

-john

John_Nicholson
02-04-2008, 03:09 PM
The date is getting close so I am kicking this back to the top. I hope to see some of ya'll there.

-john

Tonyintx
02-05-2008, 02:16 PM
It's nice to hear your still around, if and when you get back into breeding send me a pm..........