PDA

View Full Version : Check Out This Packing Job :(

hexed
10-19-2006, 04:08 PM
I ordered 3 pairs of "breeding" Desert Gobies. Below is a pic how they were packed. Now the seller charged me $9 for priority mail. He actually did a good job packing the fish into the small box but he put that small box into a larger and add NOTHING! My Post Office called me to tell me she thinks the fish arrived. When I went to pick up the box the lady said "I don't think this is fish cause whatever is in there is banging around" He used a DHL box for the fish then put that one into a priority box, why not just put a label on the DHL box? Who cares what it says on the outside - what matters is the label used and the PO could have put Priority stickers on the box. :(

The sad part is the two biggest 1 male and 1 female were dead. I tried putting them into the tank and getting them to breathe. I was thinking of Marie's thread about her "Buzz" and his nine lives but unfortunately these little guys were gone :( The seller told me not to send him pictures cause "there is no live guarantee on priority mail" Well had the fool packed the box the "heavens to Betsy" gobies would be alive!

hexed
10-19-2006, 04:32 PM
These are the bags the fish were in. The measure "laid flat" 3 inches wide by between 10-11 inches tall (hard to tell with the knot in the bag) and I marked the bag where the water line was. There was an inch of water in the bag and it was lying on it's side long ways in the box :( The big male is about 2-2 1/2 inches long and had red patches all over one side. The female was about 2 inches long. The other 4 are small about an inch long and they arrived in perfect shape.

hexed
10-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Here they are in my tank

tpl*co
10-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Don't get me started on seller's packing jobs! And then you have to foot it because low and behold, there's damage!:flame: I can't believe the seller did that! I'm so sorry what those little guys must have gone through :(.

Tina

TRAKURT
10-19-2006, 04:51 PM
That sucks!

AmberC
10-19-2006, 04:56 PM
OMG thats terrible! I'm sorry Frank! And sorry for those fishies! That is so crappy the seller wont do something about it cause if they were a good seller, they would. Packing job has nothing to do with how its mailed or how long it takes to get there. Thats BS!

Amber

AADiscus
10-19-2006, 04:56 PM
Sorry to hear about your loose :( What a dumb a*s of a shipper. Are they going to send you others ones or refund your money?

pcsb23
10-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Thats bad.

hexed
10-19-2006, 05:03 PM
No he's not. He said he will let me know when the younger ones get old enough to sex and I can buy another pair :(
Now that I think of it, in order for the woman at the post office to know "something is banging" they had to shake the box right? I FEEL SO SORRY FOR THOSE POOR LITTLE GUYS not knowing what the heck was going on and slowly dying from it as well !!

pcsb23
10-19-2006, 05:08 PM
No he's not. He said he will let me know when the younger ones get old enough to sex and I can buy another pair :(
Now that I think of it, in order for the woman at the post office to know "something is banging" they had to shake the box right? I FEEL SO SORRY FOR THOSE POOR LITTLE GUYS not knowing what the heck was going on and slowly dying from it as well !!

this is even worse :(

Kenny's Discus
10-19-2006, 05:14 PM
That's terrible for both you and the little guys... I'm sry and I feel for you Frank.:(

Kenny

greyhoundfan
10-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Leave NEGATIVE FEEDBACK if you can. Fish will die in shipped it's a gamble we all take when we buy fish we can't pick up locally. It is up to the shipper to increase the odds of the fish making it to its final destination. Just looking at the bags makes me pretty sad. You can't just tie a square not and hope no water leaks out..:mad: The bag should be tipped with rubber bands.

hexed
10-19-2006, 05:54 PM
I cannot leave negative feedback I got them after the auction ended. I was outbid the last 30 seconds :(

All the guy needed to do was say "I am sorry" not "don't send me pictures cause there is no live guarantee on Priority mail" Then he sent me an email about 30 minutes ago saying "he will try to get me another pair when the young are sexable" The sad thing about these Gobies is they are all suppose to be "breeding" pairs not juvis. He sent me one breeding pair and they are dead, the other two pairs are actually babies. The 3 gobies I have already are bigger then his "breeding" pairs he sent me. LMAO! The sad part is I asked for a picture and he sent me adult pics but sent young fish go figure!
Lesson learned :(

Cosmo
10-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Whoever the seller is, he/she should be tied up with masking tape, put inside a shipping container, and sent overseas.... see how he/she likes the ride :mad:

Ardan
10-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Sorry to hear about this Frank! Terrible service!
Ardan