PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody tell me what is happenng???

tpastrana
09-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey Guy's,

Quick question, my B/T and my eruption leopard are acting really weird.
They are swimming really fast next to each other,rubbing against each other.
Smacking each other in the face with their tales. They are tapping each other. They swim away from each other, then spin around and stare at each other. Bump there noses together. They are not being rough really. It actually
is very pretty to watch. They almost look like they are playing!! Or maybe they are pairing off???? I have never seen that in person. I thought they were both males. I know mt B/T is a proven male. He has babies from a previous owner. But the leopard I was not sure. Anybody got any ideas???

Thanks
Teresa

Ryan
09-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Tail slapping is pretty common among discus of all sizes. Mine do it as a warning to other discus, kind of like they're telling them to back off. If they are facing each other and "bowing" it could be spawning behavior. Maybe they're just flirting, getting a feel for one another. As long as it's not violent, just sit back and enjoy the show... who knows, you may end up with a pair.

Ryan

Squiggy
09-19-2006, 07:16 PM
I'd guess they're sparring with each other...If they're not locking lips during the standoff (head to head) one may be rebuffing a pairing attempt by the other...If the intensity increases, it may be territorial/dominance...

jmo

Joe

Squiggy
09-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Seems Ryan answers an awful lot of posts while I'm typing...:D

Tony_S
09-19-2006, 07:30 PM
Seems Ryan answers an awful lot of posts while I'm typing...:D

Happens to me all the time....probably because I can't "TYPE"!:D

I'm one of those hunt and peck...two finger typers.:p

Tony:crazy:

Oh ya....Ryans bang on!

tpastrana
09-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Hello Ryan,Joe & Tony,

Nice to meet you all. Ryan they are facing each other and bowing down. No lip locking. They are not really rough at all with each other. The leopard does
lock lips once in a while with my Red Melon. Now they definetly look like they are fighting. They are very rough with each other. The B/T & the Leopard follow each other around , they just act different. I was ear to ear watching them. Goofy right? Not sure if that's a good thing if they do pair up. What would those babies look like????? :confused: guess I will cross that bridge if I get to it.

Thanks you guy's

Teresa;)