PDA

View Full Version : shipping question?

Giniel
05-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi, what is the safest amount of dime size fry that you could put in a 4" bag for shipping??? Same question with quarter size fry??
Please help and give ideas .I have never shipped before.
Thank you
Debbie

Discusgeo2
05-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Debbie if the bag is only 4 inches wide I would go with 6 and 4. I just shipped 72 discus to Colorado about the same size but I used 8 inch bags and the new owner didn't lose a single one. Just remember no food for at least 24 hrs for the little guys and use fresh water to ship them in. Since they were so small I chose not to let them go without food for 24 hrs as I normally do with larger Discus. Get some bag buddies also, put 1 per bag. You can double bag the small ones, where larger Discus need to be triple bagged. Use pure air not the stuff coming out of your air pump. You can get the air at a Welding supple store. Just get a small bottle until you grow.

Giniel
05-30-2005, 01:00 AM
Thank you George, I am not trying to make a lot of money.I am having fun with my pets as they and I grow and learn from their breeding experiences. I just don't have room to keep a lot of the off spring. I am just looking for good homes for them ,as I cannot see culling good fish.I cull heavily as I am unsure of what bad quality actually is.If I would pay for the discus then I keep it, if it is questionalbe then I cull it. I don't have too many .
Thank you again
Debbie