PDA

View Full Version : Cary Strong: The Real Deal(Great Lakes Discus)

JasonBR
07-27-2004, 01:08 AM
Hello,
I made my second trip to Cary's Sunday to see his new place and purchase more Discus...As always, well worth the 4 hour trip for quality discus from an EXPERT who knows what he is doing and cares about the hobby...He had 25 breeding pairs going off all different strains...Truely amazing to see all his pairs and the new store...I suggest anyone to purchase Discus from him and listen to his advice and posts...I learned a lot of new stuff listening to him...Very intelligent, and one hell of cool guy!!!...I believe Cary breeds ALMOST ALL his Discus, so you know where they are coming from...No weak livers, slow eaters, etc...At the moment he currently has a bunch of reds, golds, gold striations, red whites,...Some awesome Rose Reds will be available soon, they were perfect!...Also Blue Diamonds soon...Thanks again Cary for the beefheart, and keep up the great work!...See you next time.

Jason

wildthing
07-27-2004, 09:24 AM
Fish born in the USA, you gotta like that
:)

DarkDiscus
07-27-2004, 10:56 AM
David,

Now you have me humming Springsteen...

Jeez.

John

CARY_GLdiscus
07-27-2004, 02:07 PM
GO! USA and be Very very Careful when You stray hee.hee.hee.

Thanks Jason for the kind words! However I must be honest here some of My stock is imported but only from a very trusted source not Many at one time ;)

As of today out of My 25 pairs 8 have fry on the backs 4 have spawns and 3 are working on it LOL!

Anyways hope Your trip back to the windy city went well ;)
Please keep Me posted on their Health and Growth. Also remember What I told You Most imported discus sold here in the USA at 3.5" to 4" will not grow any bigger So I don't believe You did anything wrong. IME the best and only way to get 7" breeding stock is to buy small 2" to 2.5" ;) However You can allways buy Adults that are imported that are large in size but be careful again because over half of the bigger fish imported in are females Except for the german types.

Again this post was MADE IN THE GOOD OLD USA! ;D

Takecare
Cary Gld!

Don_Lee
07-27-2004, 02:16 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JasonBR
07-27-2004, 06:02 PM
No, I will not stray!...Now I know more of the characteristics of weaker Discus...These are monsters, great job by you!...Sizes like these don't come from straying...They must have healthy livers and excellent genetics.

Peace Out
Jason

samcatj
07-27-2004, 06:26 PM
Jason

What type of discus is that in the lower right hand corner of your picture? The light rose colored one..it's really pretty.

Where ( city and state ? ) exactly is Cary's discus stock located at, his home or at amazing aquatics? I would be interested in possibly making a visit/purchase if he so allows.

Does he have a web site for amazing aquatics?

Thanks,

Samcatj

Jeff
07-27-2004, 07:09 PM
Nothing wrong with US breed fish.

brewmaster15
07-27-2004, 08:16 PM
Congrats on the new Fish Jason, sounds like an awesome visit. I also agree with you about Cary!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good Job Cary!!!

-al

Smooth
07-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Those look like some sweet fish!!

Me and Cary and Sue are trying our best to get some of those sweet fish up to Canada, but the airlines don't want me to get any fish.

I hope to get some beauties like these!!

Way to go Cary.

But will you still be happy when mine have babies, and they are born in CANADA!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

JasonBR
07-27-2004, 08:32 PM
Samcatj,

That is Cary's photo, and also his fish that he raised to that size and shape...I just posted it to show the quality of his Discus...Those are what Discus should look like...As far as that lower right hand corner fish, I don't know the strain...I personally seen 2 of those Snakeskins(middle) at that size and shape...His exact stock is located in Madison Heights, Michigan...It's in a building/store...I drove to his house and then he took me to his building/store where his stock is located...Amazing Aquatics is another company located withing the same building as Cary's...They sell Angelfish and a few other fish...Hope that helped.

Jason

SLY
07-27-2004, 11:49 PM
I believe cary breed nice fishes..have you try to ask cary where were the ancestors from. ;D

CARY_GLdiscus
07-28-2004, 12:08 AM
Hi Sly,
Most of My stock comes from Over seas! But It cost me tons and tons of money and orders of one strain/type just to get enough good fish to live grow+ breed!

SLY
07-28-2004, 12:11 AM
true true but not all imports are like that right? :)

CARY_GLdiscus
07-28-2004, 12:13 AM
Most Are IME

SLY
07-28-2004, 12:15 AM
lol ok maybe u should pay asia a visit cary..it's overdue my bro. :)

CARY_GLdiscus
07-28-2004, 12:19 AM
Hi Sly,

Why pay asia a vist? is it because I might get a good connection? I highly dought that would happen I seen and hear about theses guys everyday with the good connections
and their crazy Info on how to make Hi body discus ETC.... ;D

However one day I'll vist but only to see you :-*

SLY
07-28-2004, 12:25 AM
it might be an eye opener for you cary..no connections involved just discus discus and discus. ;D You are welcome anytime..there's a guest room waiting. ;D

CARY_GLdiscus
07-28-2004, 12:32 AM
Well Thats good to hear My brother!

Ofcourse You and I both know that I like Sing Sing Discus the best ;)

Carol_Roberts
07-28-2004, 01:28 AM
I know you've got great breeding stock Cary! I can't wait to see pictures of the pairs you are working with now. ;D

samcatj
07-28-2004, 07:40 AM
Cary

I am trying to find out the type of discus in the picutre of page 1 of this post. Being as the picture of the 3 discus on that page is yours can you tell me the type of discus in the bottom right corner of the picture? It is a solid light orange/rose color and beautiful.

Also, do you have any like that for sale and any deep solid yellows for sale and how much?

Thanks,

Samcatj

Barb Newell
07-28-2004, 08:22 AM
Hi, nice nice fish as always Cary :thumbsup:. Can't wait to see some pics and hopefully visit you soon.

You can't go wrong when you buy fish from Cary. He has beautiful quality fish and is always there if you need help, have questions, concerns... and he's a great guy to talk to even if you don't have 'discus problems' if you can catch him on that 'batphone' ;D:P He's become a very good friend of mine. :) :-* .

Barb :)

CARY_GLdiscus
07-28-2004, 08:26 AM
Hi sam,
That fish is My tangerine X whitebutterfly Cross on to much color inhancer ;D

Carol THANKYOU! When I get home today I'll post some pics ;)

And for You barb :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Sly See Ya in september 8)

Discus_KC
07-28-2004, 09:57 AM
Healthy and round !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D

SLY
07-28-2004, 10:04 AM
cool! ;D

CARY_GLdiscus
07-28-2004, 09:49 PM
;D

brewmaster15
07-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Wrap it up...I'll take it Bro!!!! :)

-al

samcatj
07-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Cary

How much are the gold snake and tangerine X white butterfly cross discus and what are there size(s) ?

They both are beautiful.

Thanks,

Samcatj

JasonBR
07-28-2004, 10:10 PM
Brewmaster,

Purchase the GoldSnake he has at his store...You wil be VERY VERY HAPPY!

Jason

mikeos
07-29-2004, 04:15 PM
just pop the gold snake in the post please ;D

jay43452
07-31-2004, 10:00 AM
I bought my last fish from cary and wil buy NO where else from now on!!!!!!!!The fish he sells are sweet and he was such a great guy to talk to,even told me how to get rid of some "black spot "sh** I had tried everything to get rid of.What a cool Bro. ;D :thumbsup:

KD
08-16-2004, 05:23 PM
Hey Jay,
What do you mean by -How to get rid of black spot?