PDA

View Full Version : New here!!

D-Twizzy
07-23-2004, 09:07 PM
Hi guys...well i just got in to discus and i have been researching alot for a couple of months.
That was until i stumbled on this site..

well thats all i need to say... ;D
I have had so many questions been answered just by reading
this is definately the best site there is for those who love discus!!!!

keith_cny
07-23-2004, 10:10 PM
Hi Twizzy!

Welcome...you will find this site is a great source for almost anything you want to know about Discus. Try using the "search" option at top of screen and keep reading. You can spend countless hours just reading post after post and seeing great pictures the members here share.

Don't be concerned if you don't get much response here for a couple days. I think many members are in Denver right now having a great time at the ACA convention. Things will return to normal sometime Sunday or Monday.

Tell us a little about yourself. Do you have any Discus yet?

Keith

etr63
07-23-2004, 10:12 PM
Hi D-Twizzy

Welcome to Simply. There is not a better source of information or a better group of people to be found than on this forum. IMO. Were all here to help each other.

Earl

April
07-24-2004, 04:01 AM
Welcome to Simply. :wave: glad you found us.
also..theres the library . just click www.simplydiscus.com. lots of articles on there and pics etc.
dont be afraid to ask questions..thats what we;re here for.
we;d love to hear about your first discus and what size tank etc you have..and how you arrived at deciding on discus. we all started similarly im sure. its a learning process and even the experienced have made mistakes..and lost fish etc. so..never feel inferior or think your asking a silly question.
post away. :computer:

Cosmo
07-24-2004, 10:04 AM
Welcome Aboard D-Twizzy! The Discus addiction is an exciting adventure, and you've found the right spot to converse and share info with other addicts worldwide!
Jim

fish_maniac
07-24-2004, 10:33 AM
Welcome D-Twizzy, I just joined 2 weeks ago and there are l ot of info here. I have been doing a lot of reading and getting ready for my first box of discus :) Good luck and have fun!

Kam

Robin764
07-24-2004, 02:42 PM
Welcome to the addiction!! I've only been here a couple months myself, but must say....You found the right place:)

I hope you get many hours of enjoyment and learning here as I have....lol when I can't buy a new discus....I come here and drool over the pics!!

Again...welcome:)
Robin

D-Twizzy
07-24-2004, 05:07 PM
Well guys thanks for the warm welcome...its nice to know all my questions can be answered here..no more searching around.

I have a 55 gal tank with about 8 juvs ranging for 2.5 -3 inches(PB and BD).
so far so good..i got no pics of them yet but hopefully i will soon...

From what I have heard discus are demanding fish..but with the help from you guys i hope everything will work out well :)

Thanks again and looking foward to some quality reading and pics.. ;)