PDA

View Full Version : I want more, so what should i do?

Abercrombie6202
09-26-2003, 06:21 PM
I have 5 discus ranging from 3" the smallest to about 4 inches.

But i fell in love with some Brilliant Turquise babies about 1.5 to 2 inches big at my LFS. Now cna i get 2 and QT them for 4-6 weeks? and then put them in the 75 gallon with my other discus or will that not be a safe idea?

I have a 20 gallon BB that i can use as the QT tank

Carol_Roberts
09-26-2003, 08:06 PM
No, don't do it. You are asking for trouble.

The two little discus will feel very insecure by themselves and most likely fight a lot. Then they would be MUCH smaller when you tried to add them to the main tank in 6 weeks. Also they may carry parasites, etc to your house from the fish store.

I know what you are feeling - we all go through it. You need to buy a 55 gallon for your next tank. Then get 6 or 8 new discus from a safe source to grow out in the 55.

09-27-2003, 07:31 AM
If there is a will, there is a way. You have room for more than 2 discus in your 75gal. Get a few more and quarantine them before adding into your large tank. They don't fight much in a group of four or more in a bb tank with nothing to hide and establish their dominance. HTH
Jimmy.

April
09-27-2003, 10:56 AM
go back to mench and get more. same source....quarantine for a bit then add.
Mench..give the kid some more fish. ::)
or..do as Carol suggests. wait...get anohter tank and new group of fish all from one place. i wouldnt get those ones from the lfs. they can look perfectly healthy but be carriers.