PDA

View Full Version : How's this for good luck!

Mistakes R Crucial
08-29-2003, 01:31 AM
We moved a couple of months ago and the new place is on a different water supply. I tested the water hardness for the first time the other day and the results made me think the test kit was up the shoot. We have a KH of 1 straight out of the tap, who needs RO! I had to confirm it with a LFS about half a klm down the road as I didn't believe my luck.

Carol_Roberts
08-29-2003, 01:55 AM
Lol, that would have been my first question about a potential new house.

You may need to actually add minerals to get the best growth from your future babies. April can advise you about living with naturally soft water. I think her's might be similiar to yours.

April
08-29-2003, 02:19 AM
Hi yes. your gonna have to keep an eye on your ph. it slides easily at 1 kh and gh.
Yippy lives near you....you can ask her also.
daily water changes helps keep your ph up.
i do add alot of minerals to get growth. i add kent ro right. one teaspoon per 10 gallons. it brings it up to about 2. i never got good growth otherwise. this last batch of fry with the kent ro are growing great. and their nice and thick .

Mistakes R Crucial
08-29-2003, 03:01 AM
Thanks April, thanks Carol.

Ummm, I haven't been adding minerals, so much to learn so little time.

What should the EC reading be? It comes out of the tap at .4

Because I'm new to Discus I am testing something or another every day to avoid potential disasters and the pH isnt too bad. I do 30-40% W/C every other day in the 670ltr tank and 50% a day in the 120's and if the pH slides at all it's about .2.

Yippy is near but still at least 6 water supplies away :) (2.5 hours).

Thanks for all your help.

NB