PDA

View Full Version : Well Look Who Is coming To Town

Fisheyes
07-13-2003, 06:44 PM
Had a very nice visit with Smokey and Devon today .
Stopped by to check out there new fish they just picked up at the airport.

Guess what I got a picture of "Smokey" for all to see .
No more Mr. Elusive

Fisheyes :rolleyes: :spank: :yikes:

Fisheyes
07-13-2003, 06:45 PM
q

Fisheyes
07-13-2003, 06:46 PM
q

Fisheyes
07-13-2003, 06:46 PM
aa

AndyL
07-13-2003, 07:22 PM
Aha! So thats what they look like (I notice you're mysteriously absent) So where are the pics of the new arrivals?

Andy

April
07-13-2003, 08:05 PM
heh Ken!!!! your our hero!!! LOL.
haha smokey...youve been caught on film!!! now all we need now is pics of smokeys fish he got from Oz and we're set!!!
glad all the fish arrived well.
im sure we will hear more about them soon. : )

darcy
07-13-2003, 08:52 PM
Hope you guys had a great time!!!! I couldn't make it my wife had to work!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( So Ken how many did you manage to slip into your tanks???? LOL!!!!!

Darcy

Fisheyes
07-13-2003, 09:14 PM
Ya right Darcy LOL
I suggested they leave them in Calgary in my spare tanks to let them recoup .But that Smokey has been around the block before.He said thanks but no thanks .
Good luck with your new fish guys .I enjoyed our visit .
Fisheyes :crazy:

Jason
07-13-2003, 11:58 PM
hey you look like the two guys that stole that old tank I had in the backyard last year!

fcdiscus
07-14-2003, 12:43 AM
Damn, Smokey looks just like I figured he would! Frank :o

Smokey
07-14-2003, 01:29 PM
Thank you, Thank you , Thank you; for the appaluse. You all may be seated, now.

Thank you very much for your hospitality, Ken.
Ken was extremely accomodating. He allowed Devin and I, to use his place to inspect and do a minor w/c.

Thank you Cary, for the excellant discus and the great packaging. They were all triple bagged, in large bags! No fooling around with Cary.

The discus, them selves, were beautiful. All were healthy anf great lookers.

Smokey

shorthair
07-14-2003, 01:40 PM
Thanks Ken, it was very nice meeting with you and Thanks for allowing Smokey and I to use your counter space as well!!! (it was christmas at Ken's house)

The fish are in the tank and are doing very well. When I got them in the tank they were very hungry looking for food all over so I gave them some and they were not that shy came out and devoured it. This morning when I fed them they were eating out of my hand. I could not believe it. :bounce2: :bounce2: I will try and post some pics but would like to wait till they are well established. Devin

brewmaster15
07-14-2003, 01:50 PM
hey...

I enlarged a small reflection in those pots and pans, and think I found an image of Ken? Its blurry I know...but..it might be him?

-al ;D

Smokey
07-14-2003, 02:04 PM
ACtually, that is not bad, Al.

Take Devin's personality and my good looks and you got Ken !!!

Smokey

Smokey
07-14-2003, 02:24 PM
I just noticed, looking over at the tank, with the 6 new blue diamonds in it.

They are going crazy ... looking for food !!!!
It was late, when I got home last night , I acclimatizing the new discus to my "peat" water and then placed them in a 85 Liter established tank. I was right outa bloodworms, so I tried a few morsals of bh diet. [ All I had on hand ! ].

They tried a few bits, but not really interested {?}.

This morning ... a very different story.
It's like the " go " switch was turned "ON " !!!

The baby Blues are in full colour, and devouring the bh diet.

OK, I am off to the shop and get some bloodworms and brineshrimp; and any thing else on the shelf, that I my find interesting to feed my new babies.

Smokey

Smokey
07-14-2003, 09:50 PM
Back-- dropped the froozen bloodworms into the tank.. Cary these discus look like they will really gorw - they gobble up the food like no tommorrow.

ronrca
07-16-2003, 10:33 AM
>:( :bomb: :flame: :waaa: :banghead:

I am jealous but glad that you guys finally got some discus.
Too bad no Red Marlboros were available >:(

Btw, did anyone notice that there are no pics of the discus themselves! Hmmmmmm! So what did you guys do? Pretend? ;)

April
07-16-2003, 10:41 AM
smokeys discus are never to be seen again.....all hiding in their brown water.(peat moss)....needing a flashlight to find his fish.
so ..its all up to Devin now.to show us the fish.
::)

shorthair
07-16-2003, 03:08 PM
Sorry people, I will get some pics soon!!! Had some issues, all is fine now!!! Now just want to give them a little time to get more acquainted with me and there new home so I can get some decent pics.

As far as Smokey goes, I don't think he has even seen his fish since he has dumped them in his tank!!!!! BATTERIES ARE DEAD FOR HIS FLASHLIGHT!!!!!! :banghead: :rolleyes:HAHAHA

ReeferKimberly
07-16-2003, 03:21 PM
dumb question...which is smokey and which is devin?
i'll guess, on the left is devin and on the right is smokey..am i right?
the one on the right looks more like he belongs in the mountains.... ;)
kimberly :-*

Smokey
07-16-2003, 05:31 PM
Guess what? I just new batteries for the flashlight!
Actually , all the new discus are at the frontof the tank ...... looking for more food., God, .... they seem to have a bottomless stomach !!!

Yup, good guess, Kim.

Smokey

ronrca
07-16-2003, 06:50 PM
all the new discus are at the front of the tank
LOL! Its probably because they are scared of the dark! ;D And you think they want food! ;)

April
07-16-2003, 07:13 PM
LOL Roncra. think your right!!

Smokey
07-17-2003, 02:52 AM
Hahahaha. No, they really devour the bloodworms.
I placed them in the quartien tank, with the 6 gold peral scale angels. The angels did not know what to make of the newbies!

The new babies took over the tank, and the bloodworms... The discus school around the tank, like no tomorrow. Very beautiful to watch.

Smokey