PDA

View Full Version : Penang Discus Book

lwarctic
12-25-2002, 10:05 PM
Just curious where someone might get Penang Discus. Does anyone happen to have one for sale? Thanks Also any other great books out there that anyone recommends?

Aquatic_Design
12-25-2002, 10:10 PM
Hi Iwarctic,
Try Oliver at www.belowwater.com
He should have the Penang Discus book.

Donna :)

h317
12-26-2002, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I got my Penang Discus from belowwater.com. Very good book.

BTW, how do you guys rate Jack Wattley Discus book? Will it be overlapping if I already have Penang Discus?

Rick_May
12-26-2002, 07:25 PM
any discus book will have some overlapping. how many diffrent ways can you say "do your water changes and everything will be fine"? For the first three years of keeping discus the only reference I had was a two page xerox from the breeder.

12-26-2002, 09:05 PM
I just got Jack Wattley's Discus for the Perfectionist. I think if you are going to have two discus books, they should be that and Penang Discus. Both provide great info from different sources. I believe Penang has more on genetics and stuff too. Get them both.

Don_Lee
12-26-2002, 09:58 PM
As a member of the book club, so far April and I are it AFAIK, I like alot of the books available. For information, the two mentioned are some of the best. For pictures, the Asian Discus pair of books, as well as Malaysian Discus/Singapore Discus, are great books. I like Degens books too. And I feel that Hans Maryland's "Adventures With Discus" is worthwhile too. Discus Health is another good one.

Don ;D

goldengatediscus
12-27-2002, 02:16 AM
Iwarctic-
I have an extra copy of the Penang Discus book for sale. It's used but in excellent condition. PM me if you are interested.
Brigitte

discusadam
12-27-2002, 03:54 AM
What you want for the Penang discus book my home email is ageteianc@comcast.net?

Rich_Long
12-27-2002, 02:39 PM
I got mine from Jim Quarles. :'(