PDA

View Full Version : Need help with My discus disease?

Tara100487
12-06-2020, 09:55 AM
Hi, This has been the 5th day my discus been acting so stiff like this, it happened all of sudden a few days back. My other 4 bigger discus were just fine until now. I have tried to use antibiotic and anti parasite medication in the water, seems nothing work.
I really dont know what causes my discus to be like this, been googling everywhere, and no luck yet. (The discus is still swimming but at a very difficult phase looking for food, and getting skinnier and skinnier at the moment)

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Iminit
12-06-2020, 10:06 AM
How’s your water conditions? How often do you change the water? Why are all the snails dead? Unforunatly that fish doesn’t look save-able. How big of a tank? How many discus? I know lots of questions. But need as much info as possible to have an idea.

Tara100487
12-06-2020, 10:28 AM
I just tested my water, the pH were 7.0, temperature were 27C. I change the water twice a month, on the 1th and 15th normally. My tank is 100cmx50cmx40cm, I do have 5 discus at the moment now, this is the smallest one. I bought this discus about 3months ago, and it never grows up. It feels to me that I wont be able to save it as well. The snail were there quite sometime, the big snail were dead, but small one are all alive. I just installed UV light to my tank, I am not sure if its parasite.

jeep
12-06-2020, 11:09 AM
Unfortunately, I doubt this discus will survive. A gravel bottom tank with dead snails and only 2 water changes per month would point to a water quality issue, not parasites, although some sort of parasites are probably present because of the gravel, big rocks and lack of water changes...

I would read around the forum and focus on water quality. This link is very informative...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?120956-What-Are-Bioload-and-Biomass-and-Why-They-Are-Important

Iminit
12-06-2020, 02:08 PM
Well that’s basically it. Also to be added 27c is to cold 30c would be much better. Right now you should start doing 20% water changes daily. By the end of the week bring it up to 50% every other day. Stay there till all are healthy. Discus need water changes those who say they don’t don’t post for long!

Jackal799
12-10-2020, 10:33 PM
I agree, looks like it's beyond saving. In the future, need to keep up on those water changes unless you have a massive anoxic filtration system going. Cheer up, and don't let it get ya down. Try again. They are extremely rewarding fish once you get the hang of it.