PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used this for de-worming

Davidzil
07-30-2017, 03:03 PM
Has anyone used this product for internal parasites or de-worming
Clear by CZ Aqua Products

Clear

Lab certified medicine for treating white faeces disease found in crossbreed fish. The white faeces are normally caused by bacteria, Protozoa & internal parasites. The white capsule is prescribed for killing intestinal worms & infections. Functions by killing sensitive parasites. The Yellow capsule is prescribed for gastrointestinal killing bacteria in the intestinal tract, it keeps ammonia levels low. Used to treat small intestinal bacterial overgrowth.

How to use:

The medication consists of yellow and white capsules and it comes with a 1ml syringe.

1. Siphon using the syringe 1ml of normal tap water. Inject the 1ml of water into a bottle cap or small container.

2. Open a yellow & white capsule. Pour the powder into a bottle cap or small container; Mix until both medications has blended into the waters content.

3. Then using the syringe siphon the component.

4. Lay a soak towel on a table or bench. Capture the intended fish for treatment by laying it on its side.

5. Measure how deep the syringe should go into the fish by placing the syringe side by side. (Mouth to stomach).

6. Once you know how deep the syringe has to go in. Slowly penetrate the syringe in via the mouth. Wiggle until it reaches the stomach of the fish. (A good way is to wait for the fish to breathe, before you try to wiggle the syringe in deeper). Please note: To go deep enough without (Knocking the Fish Stomach).

7. When it has reach its ideal Target / Location. Slowly Inject the Clear solution into the fish being treated.

8. Place fish back into the tank. Within 24Hrs, you should see the results of treatment.

9. Please make sure to cleanse fish waste out of the tank. (Use white Cotton Balls)

Consumption:

Fish Less than 10 cm: 1 yellow capsule, 1 white capsules and 1ml water. Fish 10 cm or bigger: 2 yellow capsules, 2 white capsules and 2ml of water.

For minor cases 1 treatment is more than enough. The fish will start to eat food straight after, as parasites will be out of their system.

In severe cases– treat you fish for 5 consecutive days. During the administration of the medication, make sure to do daily water changes (about 30-50%) and remove waste/faeces. On the 6th day, try to feed your fish. When the faeces colour has changed back to normal colour, treatment can be stopped.

Mattgoanna
07-31-2017, 05:18 AM
I have not used it, but have used other medications in the mouth via syringe. It is stressful (for you and the fish) and I would only do it if you have no other options. I have killed fish doing this.

jmf3460
07-31-2017, 10:21 AM
this sounds incredibly stressful and unnecessary. why not just go the metro or levamisole route like most other people?

Davidzil
07-31-2017, 03:17 PM
I do not know what the active ingredient is, but it looks like a 24hr treatment.
Kind of curious.

ssevasta
07-31-2017, 06:55 PM
It seems like it could be useful for when the fish are being stubborn and refusing to eat especially since metro isn't nearly as well absorbed through the water column as it is when ingested.

Filip
07-31-2017, 07:02 PM
I would put a very big caps lock "Kids don't try this at home" warning on this medicine :) .
If you don't go deep enough the food is immediately expelled from the gills , and if you go deep enough the discus gets killed .IME , I was always stuck with an option A :) .

ssevasta
08-01-2017, 03:02 PM
I would put a very big caps lock "Kids don't try this at home" warning on this medicine :) .
If you don't go deep enough the food is immediately expelled from the gills , and if you go deep enough the discus gets killed .IME , I was always stuck with an option A :) .

Filip are you sure you didn't go too far and that's why the fish died? I've seen videos of Flowerhorn breeders using medications this way successfully. But a flowerhorn is a much larger and robust fish so idk.

jmf3460
08-01-2017, 03:42 PM
are we really discussing the comparison of forcing medicine down a discus' throat over the addition of medication to the water column? it seems like a no brainer to me

Second Hand Pat
08-01-2017, 03:58 PM
The gullet of a discus is very small and trying to bypass it to get something in the gut just about impossible. The mouth is small and you are liberally aiming blind for a tiny opening. It is a great way to kill the fish as you generally end up pushing stuff out thru the gills. Been there done that. It is an exercise in total frustration plus you need a needle used to feed tiny puppies.
Pat

ssevasta
08-01-2017, 04:06 PM
are we really discussing the comparison of forcing medicine down a discus' throat over the addition of medication to the water column? it seems like a no brainer to me

The only reason I was curious about it is some medicines like metro have poor absorption rates thru the water column and if the fish stops eating it's a bad situation.

Second Hand Pat
08-01-2017, 07:02 PM
The only reason I was curious about it is some medicines like metro have poor absorption rates thru the water column and if the fish stops eating it's a bad situation.

According to Al it takes five days for metro to the absorbed into the fish when using as a bath or in the water column hence why a 10 days treatment is recommended.
Pat

Filip
08-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Filip are you sure you didn't go too far and that's why the fish died? I've seen videos of Flowerhorn breeders using medications this way successfully. But a flowerhorn is a much larger and robust fish so idk.

Sean ,by "option A" I meant I never had the guts to go deep enough to reach the gut of the fish , and the food and medicine always got expelled through the gills as I was injecting .

ssevasta
08-01-2017, 07:25 PM
According to Al it takes five days for metro to the absorbed into the fish when using as a bath or in the water column hence why a 10 days treatment is recommended.
Pat
That's very interesting because I always thought the longer treatment plan was to ensure that the hexamita was eradicated to prevent it from becoming resistant to metro.

Davidzil
08-02-2017, 12:03 PM
Good feedback, and yes looks like this product was designed for a larger size fish.
I did see something similar used for discus on YouTube before.