PDA

View Full Version : Worry... looks like blood vessel broke

ksuyen
05-02-2016, 04:08 AM
One of my discus' face suddenly looks like have his blood vessel broke upper of his lips area. It certainly looks redder than usual, more like a bruise. I heard a thud when they run around after spook by something. One of my discus must hit the glass wall. :mad::angry::angry:

Cpiman
05-02-2016, 07:13 AM
Can you post a picture? That would be very useful for us to help.

ksuyen
05-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Picture... Look at the slightly red bruise on the upper lips (both fishes).

None of the others have these marks.

Cpiman
05-02-2016, 07:37 PM
My lollipop has the same marks. He/she has had them for a month now. Not sure what it is but im thinking he ran a into the glass at some point. I don't think it's anything to worry about but maybe someone with more experience can chime in. Just keep the water very clean and should be fine. Hope that helps.

DISCUS STU
05-03-2016, 10:56 AM
I've had this before but I don't recall it healing to the point of not being noticeable.

Kyla
05-03-2016, 11:42 AM
ive got a light-coloured discus with a bloodshot nose like this. i always just assumed it was a normal effect of having a lighter face so it was was easier to see the blood vessles under the skin. is this something we think is due to injury? could it have developed in ur fish naturally as they are growing?

rickztahone
05-03-2016, 02:23 PM
This is common

jmf3460
05-03-2016, 02:54 PM
are we sure this isn't a normal part of a discus that is not seen on a non white face discus bc its dark? could it just be a nasal cavity or something that is more obvious on these two than the others?

DISCUS STU
05-03-2016, 03:53 PM
Picture... Look at the slightly red bruise on the upper lips (both fishes).

None of the others have these marks.

This is interesting because it looks to be almost identical on both fish though one is more pronounced on one than on the other and a little lower. This could just be part of the characteristics of this particular batch of PB's.

Ryan
05-03-2016, 08:09 PM
This is common on fish with white faces (snow whites, white faced pigeons, albinos). It's nothing to worry about. Sometimes it will get more pronounced after they eat, or after a water change. As long as it's not blood red all the time (along with the base of the pectoral fins) as a sign of something like ammonia/nitrite in the water or a bacterial infection, I wouldn't worry about it. If they act normal and eat well, it's normal.