PDA

View Full Version : Custom Aquariums?

jjgunshot
12-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Hey Everyone,

I am trying to find a reputable company that makes custom aquariums. I live in Ontario Canada so not sure if shipping or delivering is an issue or what not.

I am thinking of getting a starphire glass front and side with a glass back. The tank would be 55 long, 18 depth and 20 height. Roughly 86 Gallons. That will become the new home for my 8 Discus!

Anyone know the cost of starphire glass and custom aquariums at all and also anyone know a reputable company that makes custom aquariums?

Would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Elliots
12-12-2012, 02:29 PM
There should be someone in Canada. I used Glasscages in Tennessee. Check out their site to get a price. I do not know if they ship to Canada. I live in NYC. The next cheapest price I got was 100% more. My tank was not perfectly neatly assembled but I saved at least $1000. The corners were not perfectly square and even, there was excess silicone. I did get starphire glass on three sides. My tank is 60X25X24. Always buy the biggest tank that fits in your space that you can afford. WHEN (Not if.) you decide to go larger you have to buy most things over for the larger tank. My tank is 24" from front to back so fish can swim in that direction too and I have the rear half of my tank heavily planted with sword plants. The front is pool filter sand with two very large pieces of Maylasian drift wood the the fish swin thru. I have to get a camera!! If you put the tank against a wall do not go too wide or too high or it will be very difficult to clean. I am 6 foot tall and I would have great difficulty cleaning a 31" high tank.

AngryBird
12-12-2012, 02:33 PM
you are lucky. Your best bet would be http://www.miraclesaquariums.com/. Take few minutes to call them and email your specifications and they usually will send the estimate in few days.

I dont own a tank made by miracle aquariums but I have seen few reef tanks build by them and they are pretty good. They are little expensive compared to Glasscages but there is difference in the finishing. Before I purchased my aquarium I did get a quote from them and the pricing was reasonable.

If you live close enough may be you can pickup and save on shipping :)

Poco
12-12-2012, 02:48 PM
you are lucky. Your best bet would be http://www.miraclesaquariums.com/. Take few minutes to call them and email your specifications and they usually will send the estimate in few days.

I dont own a tank made by miracle aquariums but I have seen few reef tanks build by them and they are pretty good. They are little expensive compared to Glasscages but there is difference in the finishing. Before I purchased my aquarium I did get a quote from them and the pricing was reasonable.

If you live close enough may be you can pickup and save on shipping :)

They make great aquariums and finishing is top class. The only thing is they take their time fulfilling the orders, if you are not in a rush they are the ones to go to.

Discus-n00b
12-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Yep, agreed with Miracles. I have a tank from them and its spectacular. And they are right there in Ontario. 100% go to them.